What it means to be Conservative - Our Beliefs
- That government exists to protect citizens’ rights and freedom and guarantee equal protection under the Constitution.
- That freedom of opportunity, and the right of the individual to make his own basic choices, should be protected and promoted, and government activities should be limited to things people cannot do or cannot do as well for themselves.
- The genius of America stems from the Constitutional system of government and our free enterprise economy, which rewards our citizens' efforts and creative capacity.
- That the rights of life and liberty are meaningless if the individual’s property is taken from him through excessive taxation, inflation, or government waste.
- Through their government and other means, citizens should assist those who cannot provide for themselves.